Customs Procedures and Documentation (BCC accredited)
When? Tuesday 12th March 2019 09:30 - 16:30
Where? Mid Yorkshire Chamber of Commerce, 1st Floor, Unit 3, Pennine Business Park Longbow Close, Bradley Road, Huddersfield, HD2 1GQ
The BCC now has ten nationally accredited core courses. Together, these form an export curriculum that provides invaluable basic skills for small and large companies alike. Candidates must demonstrate knowledge of the subject and their performance will be marked by external examiners on the completion of each module. Successful candidates will receive a certificate; completing six or more courses will result in the candidate achieving a nationally recognised Foundation Award in Exporting. These courses are suitable for both experienced exporters and those with no previous knowledge of exporting.
Customs Procedures and Documentation
The learner will:
- Have an understanding of the role of HMRC, rules of origin and Intra EC trade
- Know which organisation regulates the rules of trade between nations
- Name 3 of the roles of HMRC
- Under what circumstances can goods be considered as wholly produced in the UK
- Have an understanding of customs procedures and the UK trade tariff
- Know the name of the mainframe computer which processes the UK’s import and export entries and the importance of tariff codes
- Know the 5 essential pieces of information that appear on the customs entry
- Have an understanding of the different duties payable and how to calculate them
- Be able to name three types of duty or tax that may be applicable when importing goods into the UK and how to calculate duty payable
Individual full day courses cost £220 + VAT (members) / £270 + VAT (non members)
Courses are priced individually. A discount can be offered when booking 6 or more modules or booking 3 or more delegates on the same course.
This is a full day course. A lunch and light refreshments will be provided. Free parking is available at our premises.
Please download our booking form or contact export team to discuss training.