UK Export Controls & Licensing webinar
When? Thursday 25th June 2020 10:00 - 15:00
This course is designed for anyone working in an export environment needing to understand how to determine if a licence is required whilst guiding delegates on the types of licences available and application procedures.
This is an interactive session with plenty of opportunity to ask questions whilst providing exercises in classifying goods.
What will I learn?
- History of Export Controls, what are they and reasons for them.
- Governing Groups and the Criterions
- Key Definitions around Export Controls
- Control Lists
- Classification of items
- Exports of Military Goods
- Exports of Dual Use Goods
- Exports of Technology
- Trade controls and Weapons of Mass Destruction (WMD) end-use controls
- Types of licence (SIEL, OGEL, OIEL) and how to apply for them
- Record keeping and compliance
- What happens if it goes wrong?
- How might Brexit change the current situation?
- Includes workshops on classification of items and applying for a licence.
The cost of this course is £225+ VAT for members of the Mid Yorkshire Chamber of Commerce or £295+ VAT non-members
Please download our Booking Form or contact export team to discuss training.