Import Procedures Including Inward Processing and Outward Processing (BCC Accredited)
When? Wednesday 24th February 2021 09:30 - 14:30
This course would follow on from Customs procedures or would suit as a stand-alone course for those who are only interested in Importing procedures. It would suit those who are currently working in an Import environment who have never had formal training, or for those wanting a refresher. The course is also suitable for exporters and importers who understand international trade and require specific training on Customs Special Procedures including IP & OP. This course may also provide an insight into business solutions post Brexit for those companies, who currently only purchase from or use processing facilities in the EU.
This course has been combined to run as a 1-day course rather than 2 half day courses. The course is worth 2 credits towards the foundation award in international trade.
The course objectives would include:
- Definition of an Import and process flow
- Making the enquiry, areas to consider include product, payment, licences, Incoterms, transport, documentation, costs, terms and conditions
- Provide the purchase order
- Movement of goods
- Import clearance, documentation, declarations, import duties
- Special procedures
After attending, the learner will:
- Be able to demonstrate an understanding of import documentation and procedures.
- Produce the appropriate instruction sheet required to expedite the import.
- Describe import clearance documents.
- Be able to comply with customs procedures
- Be able to identify customs regimes and import controls
- Describe HMRC import regimes and penalties
- Describe tariffs and duty rate
- List record keeping requirements to comply with customs regulation
- Be able to identify where to go for sources of international information and assistance.
- Provide examples of where to go for help and advice.
The learner will also be able to describe import clearance procedures and Special Procedures in relation to IP / OP as appropriate including temporary imports, IPR, OPR, bonded warehousing etc.
Inward & outward processing:
After attending the learner will understand:
- the impact of introduction of Union Customs Code in 2016
- what Special Procedures are, and which ones would be suitable for their specific situation
- the advantages of claiming IP and OP
- the customs regimes and the “Tariff”
- documentation required to apply for and claim IP and OP
- the responsibilities of holders of Special Procedures authorisations
- what is AEO status and what impact may it have on holders of Special Procedures authorisations
The course will cover:
- An explanation of the Tariff, CHIEF and relevant nomenclature
- Union Customs Code 2016 – what it changed and what it means now
- Overview of Special Procedures - what they are and their types
- Practical examples of which Special Procedure would be best suitable in given situations
- Exercises in calculating guarantee levels required to support Special Procedure applications
- Compliance, responsibilities and record keeping
The cost for Members is £225.00 + VAT and for Non-Members its £295.00+ VAT.
Booking Form or contact our export team to discuss training.