Understanding Exporting and Export Documentation (BCC Accredited)
When? Wednesday 7th September 2022 09:30 - 16:30
Where? Mid Yorkshire Chamber of Commerce
This course is suitable for beginners who are new to their role or for those who are working in an Export environment but haven’t had any formal training. The course is worth 2 credits towards the foundation award in international trade.
During the course the delegate will see the end to end Export process and gain an understanding of the Export documentation requirements, and shipping using freight forwarders and couriers.
The day will include reviewing and discussing the process from enquiry to dispatch including:
- Receiving the enquiry – responsibilities and roles, Incoterms 2020, methods of payment and the risk ladder, Export controls and licence requirements
- Order acknowledgement / pro forma invoice
- Pre-shipment inspections / packing
- Shipping documents to include invoices and packing lists – commodity codes, origin, preference documents, certificates of origin
- Move the goods – transport considerations, booking the shipment and freight forwarder responsibilities, contracts of carriage / transport documentation
- Proof of Export
- General good business practice
Individual full day course cost is £320.00 + VAT for Chamber Members and £380.00 + VAT for Non-Members.
A discount can be offered when booking 6 or more modules or booking 3 or more delegates on the same course.
To book a place, please download our Booking form or contact our Export team to discuss training.